San Roque Torreguadiaro
There was already a settlement here at the time. Until the 1930's the village had its own customs office and could have been the natural harbour for the Bay of Algeciras.
Torreguadiaro was part of the existing coastal defence system which had been operating from the 15th until the 19th century.
The watch tower here may have been built towards the end of the 15th century and was used as a shelter for travellers, cattle herdsmen and wood collectors from the area.
In 1796 it had a canon and a company of guards. The present village was developed around a fishing village.